We are looking for a professional with 2-5 years of experience to join our international and multidisciplinary team as a EU Project and Communications Manager at our office located in Graphisoft Park in Budapest.
The ideal candidate shall be based and be able to work in Hungary. The selected manager will be responsible for planning, implementing projects and delivering communication actions within the decided-upon budget, timeline, and scope. He/She will also effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant stakeholders, the coordinator, Granting Authority, or project team members.
About Europa Media
Europa Media has been actively participating in EU-funded research and innovation projects as a coordinator or partner in various fields, including international research cooperation, lifelong learning, entrepreneurship, knowledge-based bioeconomy, health, environment, and information and communication technologies (ICT).
Europa Media is part of EMG Group:
- Planning, monitoring, and delivering online communication strategies that include social media activities, website development, liaising with the press, campaigns, etc.
- Managing EU-funded research and innovation projects as a partner and ensuring the implementation of the project's activities and the delivery of their results;
- Actively communicating and liaising with project partners as well as building networks and disseminating and exploiting the project results;
- Travelling to proposal/project meetings and events, predominantly within Europe;
- Supporting and liaising with other project managers in the implementation of ongoing projects.
We are searching for candidates with a proactive approach, leadership skills, outgoing personality and creativity. Meeting the following requirements is an admissibility criterion for the applications:
- Experience with science communications (e.g. press releases, communication kits, websites, etc.);
- Ability to draft informative and promotional material where complex information is being digested and easy to understand;
- Demonstrated experience in managing/implementing projects relevant to Europa Media’s fields of activities;
- Ability to establish strong links and communicate effectively with external clients, stakeholders and partners;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills to produce proposals and reports;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Having one or more of the following skills and knowledge is an additional advantage:
- Experience in dissemination and communication actions;
- Experience in working with graphic designers and IT professionals;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the EU funding system and EU programmes such as Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe;
- Direct experience in managing EU projects and handling their technical, administrative and financial management;
- Working knowledge of additional languages.
What We Offer
- A competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Opportunity to take part in international research and innovation projects;
- Opportunity to advance in the EU project development and management as well as in the energy, environment and sustainable development fields;
- Opportunity to pursue own areas of interest and project ideas;
- A great working environment at the Graphisoft Park by the Danube, and within a young, multidisciplinary and international team.
When and Where
This full-time post is foreseen to start as soon as possible with a probationary period of three months. The place of post is Budapest, Hungary.
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this post, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “EU Project and Communications Manager” in the subject line and attach:
- A motivation letter explaining how your profile matches the skills and qualifications required for the position;
- A curriculum vitae.
Only those applications which meet the required skills and qualifications will be considered. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Closing date of application: 30th July 2023